Saturday 8 October 2011

Author Interview: Marcia Colette

Marcia Colette has written The Spider Inside Her, Deadlier By The Dozen, Stripped and Half-Breed.



1. What is your name and where do you call home?
I'm Marcia Colette and I call North Carolina my home...for now.

2. What is the name of your most recent book and if you had to sum it up in 20 or less words, what would you say?
It's called Deadlier by the Dozen.  Family secrets, a mysterious patched-skinned stranger, and murderous doppelgangers.  What's Mackenzie Lawson to do?  Survive, for starters.

3. Do you have plans for a new book? Is this book part of a series?
Yes!  Hazardous Environment will be the second book in my Werecheetah Coalitions series, which is a paranormal romance.

4. Do you gift books to readers for book reviews?
Yes.  Anyone who asks, I'm more than happy to oblige. 

5. How did you come up with the cover? Who designed the cover of your book?
For The Spider Inside Her, I used Jax Cassidy of Jaxadora Designs.  For Deadlier by the Dozen, I used Laura Morrigan.  I couldn't be happier with both outcomes, so I'll definitely be using both of their services until they get sick of me.

6. Do you prefer e-books, paperbacks, hardcovers or audiobooks?
Either ebooks or print is fine.  I mostly ready short works on my netbook  For longer works, I like to have print...for now.  That'll change this Christmas because Santa has a tablet waiting for me.

7. Are you a self-published / Indie author?
I'm an indie author (most recent) and a small press/epubbed author.

8. Have you ever read a book more than once? And if so what was it?
Kelley Armstrong's Bitten.  After a couple of reads, I'm good now and haven't picked it up in a few years.

9. What book are you reading at the moment? And in what format?
I'm reading Never Been Bite by Lydia Dare and Entangled, which is an anthology to benefit breast cancer and written by various authors.

10. Do you have any advice for other writers? And what’s the best advice that you have been given when it comes to writing?
It's YOUR career.  Don't be afraid to to take charge of it.

11. Where can your readers follow you?

Goodreads author page: http://www.goodreads.com/marcia_colette   




Thankyou so much for taking the time to do this interview and allowing us a glimpse into your writing world!

2 comments:

  1. Great interview, Rachel and Marcia. I love the cover. Best of luck to you, Marcia :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful cover, Marcia. I know you're loving Never Been Bit. The Ms. Dares are amazing. As are you. Cant' wait to get into The Spider Inside Her.

    Lucie j.

    ReplyDelete