1. What is your name and where do you call home?
My name’s Jeanne Bannon-Repole and home for me is Bolton, Ontario, Canada.
2. Do you have a pen name?
I write under Jeanne Bannon.
3. What is the name of your most recent book and if you had to sum it up in 20 or less words, what would you say?
My latest novel is INVISIBLE. In 20 words or less - Lola’s an overweight teenager. She’s not pretty. She’s not popular. She wishes she could disappear and one day she does.
4. Do you have plans for a new book? Is this book part of a series?
I’m in the final stages of rewrites of a paranormal thriller titled Dark Angel. I’ve been working on this novel for over two years and hope to have it completed by the end of the year.
5. What or who inspired you to start writing? And how long have you been writing?
I’ve been writing for as long as I can remember. But I put my aspirations aside for kids and career. I started again just three years ago. I really don’t think anything or anyone inspired me to write. It’s just in me. Writing is what I love to do and it’s what gets me out of bed in the morning.
6. Do you gift books to readers for book reviews?
Yes. I’m always looking for reviewers. If interested, please contact me at email@example.com
7. Do you have a book trailer? And what are your thoughts on book trailers?
Yes, I do. It can be found at http://www.youtube.com/user/jbannon4398
The designer Tirzah Goodwin http://acleverwhatever.blogspot.com/ did a fabulous job and I got many compliments on the trailer. I love trailers because they give life to the book and excite readers.
8. What book are you reading at the moment? And in what format?
I’m reading The Book of Negroes by Lawrence Hill. It’s a fabulous book and I’m enjoying it tremendously.
9. Do you have any advice for other writers? And what’s the best advice that you have been given when it comes to writing?
The best advice I can give is to find a good writer’s group. Listen to what your fellow writers have to say and don’t take their criticisms personally. Listen and learn. The best thing I did was join an online writing group.
The best advice I received was ‘less is more’ and ‘show, don’t tell.’ I think this is self-explanatory.
10. Where can your readers follow you?
Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/pages/Jeanne-Bannon/182120961844916
Goodreads author page: http://www.goodreads.com/author/show/4556168.Jeanne_Bannon
Solstice Publishing: http://www.solsticepublishing.com/products/Invisible-%252d%252d-Print.html
Thankyou so much for taking the time to do this interview and allowing us a glimpse into your writing world!