Monday 29 August 2011

The Host by Stephenie Meyer

ISBN:  9780316068048 
Publisher: Little, Brown And Company
Pages: 619

The Host by Stephenie Meyer is set in a futuristic world which has been invaded. Humans' minds taken over, while their bodies remain intact, continuing their lives apparently unchanged. Effectively becoming hosts, hence the name of the book.
Basically most of humanity has succumbed to the invaders, only a few are left. Melanie Stryder is one of the survivors......until she is captured, and has to share her body with Wanderer.
But unlike other hosts, Melanie refuses to relinquish possession of her mind.

Initially, I only found this book as a result of reading Stephenie Meyer's Twilight series. And to be honest at first I wasn't really that keen on it, but when I got further into it I found that I actually liked reading this book, in fact, more than the whole twilight series put together!
I really liked the modern spin that was put on the classic alien invasion story.

Available at Amazon.co.uk.

3 comments:

  1. I really, really want to read this! I just have to find the time. Great review!

    Tia @ Falling For Books

    ReplyDelete
  2. Excellent review. I'm totally a fan of Meyer's work!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great review, this book doesn't really attract me but I'm going to read it just because I've read the Twilight-saga :)

    ReplyDelete