Wednesday 31 August 2011

Author Interview: Leah Cypess


Leah Cypess has written Mistwood and Nightspell.

1. What is your name and where do you call home?

Leah Cypess, and I live in Brookline, Massachusetts.


2. What is the name of your most recent book and if you had to sum it up in 20 or less words, what would you say?
NIGHTSPELL. In 20 words: A princess rides into a macabre court to rescue her sister – but what if her sister refuses to be saved?


3. Do you have plans for a new book? Is this book part of a series?
It’s not part of a series, but it’s set in the same world as my previous book, MISTWOOD, and I do have plans for another book set in that world.


4. How did you come up with the title for your book?
I didn’t. The title I came up with was Ghostland, the name of the country where the living and the dead coexist and where the story takes place. But the marketing department at my publisher thought that sounded too young, so my editor and I tossed around a bunch of other suggestions. I think she was the one who came up with NIGHTSPELL.


5. Is there anything you would change about your book? And why?
I changed a lot about the book during revisions! But once it’s in print and my ability to change things is gone, I don’t think about it anymore.


6. Do you have a book trailer? And what are your thoughts on book trailers?
I have a book trailer for Mistwood, which is athttp://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e-6wP2tozOM. I don't have one for Nightspell. I don’t have strong thoughts about book trailers – they’re lots of fun, but I don’t have a great sense of how effective they are as a marketing tool.


7. Have you ever read a book more than once? And if so what was it?
Many! When I was in high school, for example, I read David Eddings’ Belgariad series at least ten times. I’ve also read Megan Whalen Turner’s books several times.


8. What book are you reading at the moment? And in what format?
I’m currently reading The Passage, and reading it in hardcover – mostly because I like the hardcover cover much better than the paperback one.


9. Where can your readers follow you?


Facebook page: 

Twitter: @LeahCypess




Thankyou so much for taking the time to do this interview and allowing us a glimpse into your writing world!


Take a look at the book trailer for Mistwood!

No comments:

Post a Comment