Monday 15 September 2014

Lottie Biggs Is Not Mad by Hayley Long

ISBN: 9781447265542
Publisher: Pan Macmillan
Pages: 230

My name is Lottie Biggs and in three weeks time, I will be fifteen years old. At school, most people call me Lottie Not-Very-Biggs. I've never found this particularly funny . . . My current hair colour is Melody Deep Plum which is not as nice as Melody Forest Flame but definitely better than the dodgy custard colour I tried last week.

And this is my book - it's about important things like boys and shoes and polo-neck knickers and rescuing giraffes and NOT fancying Gareth Stingecombe (even though he has manly thighs) and hanging-out with your best friend having A BLATANTLY FUNNY TIME. It is definitely not about sitting in wardrobes or having a mental disturbance of any kind!

I received Lottie Biggs Is Not Mad by Hayley Long for review from Pan Macmillan. 
Initially, I wasn't very keen on reading this book, mainly because of the cover. If I had seen Lottie Biggs Is Not Mad in a bookstore, it would probably have caught my eye but I wouldn't have picked it up as it looks to be more Middle Grade than Young Adult. 
Having said that, I really enjoyed reading Lottie Biggs Is Not Mad! I especially liked the pictures, different fonts and page layouts that were used to portray Lottie and her thoughts & feelings throughout the book. 
Hayley Long covers some quite difficult issues in a light hearted, but still respectful manner in Lottie Biggs Is Not Mad - whilst also still managing to make her book appeal to a younger audience.

Available at Amazon.com & Amazon.co.uk.

No comments:

Post a Comment