Ciara Knight has written The Curse Of Gremdon and Love's Long Shadow.
1. What is your name and where do you call home?
Ciara Knight. I live in a small suburb outside Atlanta, GA.
2. Do you have a pen name?
Yes, Ciara Knight is my pen name. J
3. What is the name of your most recent book and if you had to sum it up in 20 or less words, what would you say?
LOVE’S LONG SHADOW
Sammy Lorre, a fallen angel facing eternal purgatory on earth, falls for Boon’s promises of angelic love…or is it demonic manipulation?
4. Do you have plans for a new book? Is this book part of a series?
LOVE’S LONG SHADOW is a prequel novella to the Young Adult Paranormal Battle for Souls series coming out in 2012.
5. What or who inspired you to start writing? And how long have you been writing?
I’ve had a passion for the written word for most of life. I wrote poetry in high school and short stories in college. It wasn’t until I became a stay at home mom that I truly pursued my passion.
6. Do you gift books to readers for book reviews?
I do send gift books, or ARC’s, to select book reviewers, such as you. J
7. How did you come up with the cover? Who designed the cover of your book?
I was blessed to have Dawné Dominique design my cover, a great big THANK YOU to my publisher at Turquoise Morning Press for asking her to design it for me. She did a fantastic job.
8. How did you come up with the title for your book?
One of my best friends and number one fans, Julie, helped come up with the title. She sat on the phone and brainstormed titles for hours with me. It was a challenge, since I wrote this story after I wrote the first two books and outlined the third. All of them had three word titles so we stuck with that theme.
9. Is there anything you would change about your book? And why?
Not that I can think of. It’s fresh off the press so you might want to ask me that in a few weeks. J
10. Do you have a book trailer? And what are your thoughts on book trailers?
LOVE book trailers. I’m a huge fan. Although I won’t have one for this novella, I plan on creating one for the rest of the series and my upcoming adult fantasy, The Curse of Gremdon.
11. Do you prefer e-books, paperbacks, hardcovers or audiobooks?
That is a tough question. I still love the feel of a book in my hands but I mostly read on my Kindle now. It is just practical.
12. Are you a self-published / Indie author?
I’m published through two small presses, Turquoise Morning Press is publishing my YA series Battle for Souls, and Crescent Moon Press is publishing my adult fantasy book, The Curse of Gremdon, coming out by the end of this year.
13. Have you ever read a book more than once? And if so what was it?
I’ve read several works of fiction more than once. I love Edgar Allen Poe, so I’ve read his stories a hundred times. I’ve read Harry Potter books more than once, and also the Mark of the Lion series by Francine Rivers. There are others, but that is all I can think of at the moment.
14. What book are you reading at the moment? And in what format?
I’m reading a couple different ones at the moment. I’m reading The Waiting Booth by Brenda Berry and The Demon Catcher by Jana Oliver.
15. Do you have any advice for other writers? And what’s the best advice that you have been given when it comes to writing?
Learn the rules and then realize there are no rules. What I mean is, learn about all the terms being taught right now then write and write and write until you find your own path. Most of all, just keep writing. Oh, and find a critique partner! They are the most important people to ever join your circle of friends.
16. Where can your readers follow you?
Facebook page: http://www.facebook.com/#!/Ciaraknightwrites
Goodreads author page: http://www.goodreads.com/ciaraknight
Rachel, thanks so much for having me on your blog. This has been so much fun.
Thankyou so much for taking the time to do this interview and allowing us a glimpse into your writing world!