Friday 30 September 2011

Mist by Kathryn James

ISBN: 9781444903065
Publisher: Hodder
Pages: 336


A sweet sixteen party, and 13 year old Nell is trying to keep her sister, spoilt birthday-girl Gwen, out of trouble. No chance. Trouble finds Gwen and drags her through the mist. Only Nell guesses who’s behind the kidnap - the boy she hoped was her friend, the cute but mysterious Evan River.
All those fairy stories Nell’s grandmother told her about girls being stolen by fairy folk are true.



I really enjoyed reading Mist by Kathryn James, it was well written and well thought out, and as I result I flew through it! I loved reading the folklore excerpts and quotes at the start of each chapter! I would have loved to have had more excerpts and quotes, as in my opinion it added to the feel of the story. My favourite characters were Nell and Star. Nell, probably because she was the main character and because she was different from everyone else. And Star because despite being Elven she backed up Nell, a human, and stuck up for what she believed in. I really liked the cover as well, it suited the story within.


Available at Amazon.co.uk.

No comments:

Post a Comment