Thursday 8 September 2011

Author Interview: Alyssa Rose Ivy

Alyssa Rose Ivy has written Beckoning Light.

1. What is your name and where do you call home? 
I’m Alyssa Rose Ivy and I live in North Carolina.
2.       Do you have a pen name?
Alyssa Rose Ivy is my first and middle names.
3.       What is the name of your most recent book and if you had to sum it up in 20 or less words, what would you say?
My latest (and first) book is Beckoning Light, the first in the Afterglow Trilogy.  It’s a YA fantasy read with both action and romance told from the dual perspective of a brother and sister.
4.       Do you have plans for a new book? Is this book part of a series?
The next book in the Afterglow Trilogy, Perilous Light, will be out this spring. I also have a variety of other projects in mind for 2012, including a paranormal romance set in New Orleans that does not center around vampires.
5.       What or who inspired you to start writing? And how long have you been writing?
I have been writing for as long as I can remember. As a child I loved creating imaginative worlds and the habit never disappeared.
6.       Do you gift books to readers for book reviews?
Yes, I am always looking for new readers and reviews.
7. How did you come up with the cover? Who designed the cover of your book?
The cover of Beckoning Light is of the wrought iron gate that serves as the entry point into the hidden world, and therefore the entry into the adventure that the characters face.  Kristen Lavelle of Williston Letter Co. designed the cover based on a photo of a gate in Savannah, GA.
8.       How did you come up with the title for your book?
Originally, Beckoning Light was the title of one chapter of the book but my husband suggested we use it for the overall title.  I loved the idea because it represents the beginning of the adventure for the main characters.
10.   Do you have a book trailer? And what are your thoughts on book trailers?
I don’t have a book trailer right now but I think they can be a great promotional tool. I have seen some really great ones recently.
11.   Do you prefer e-books, paperbacks, hardcovers or audiobooks?
After holding out for a while, I have become a huge fan of ebooks. There is just something about the convenience and readability.  I use my kindle most of the time, but I do also enjoy taking out books from the library.
12.   Are you a self-published / Indie author?
Yes. I decided to self-publish Beckoning Light and was lucky to find a great editor (Lynn O’Dell of Red Adept Reviews) that helped me put out a product I’m proud of.  
13.   Have you ever read a book more than once? And if so what was it?
I’ve read a number of books more than once. These range from Moby Dick to Twilight, I just go back to a book if I’m in the mood.
14.   What book are you reading at the moment? And in what format?
I just finished an ebook called Long Days in Paradise by Amos T. Fairchild. I had tons of fun reading it and am looking forward to the next in the series. I plan to start reading the Maze Runner tonight in hardcover (I took it out of the library).
15.   Do you have any advice for other writers? And what’s the best advice that you have been given when it comes to writing?
My advice for writers is to write what you enjoy and whatever inspires you. The best advice that I have been giving about writing is to accept constructive criticism and learn from it.
16.   Where can your readers follow you?
Blog:
Facebook page:
Goodreads author page:
Twitter:

Amazon:
Amazon UK:
Barnes & Noble:


Thankyou so much for taking the time to do this interview and allowing us a glimpse into your writing world!

No comments:

Post a Comment