Saturday 1 October 2011

Author Interview: Alexandra Lanc

Alexandra Lanc has written The Foxfire Chronicles: Shadows Of Past Memories.


1. What is your name, and where do you call home?
My name is Alexandra Lanc, and I live in the U.S.A, in the sunny state of Florida. 

2. Do you have a pen name?
Not really. 

3. What is the name of your newest book, and if you had to sum it up in twenty words or less, what would you say?
My newest book is called Shadows of Past Memories, and is the first in my Foxfire Chronicles series. It's about best friends trying to untangle their ugly pasts, all while one is being hunted by an otherworldly madman.  

4. Do you have plans for a new book? Is this book part of a series?
I always have plans for a new book (ha ha)! Currently I'm working on the rest of my Foxfire Chronicles series, as well as a few stand-alone novels, and the sequel to my next book, The Ending. 

5. What or who inspired you to start writing? And how long have you been writing?
I've always been in love with books, but I'd never settled on writing anything until I read Artemis Fowl, by Eoin Colfer. I loved the book so much I started to think "Wow, if Mr. Colfer can write something this amazing, then I'm going to try." I started writing for real then, when I was twelve, and finished my first novel when I was thirteen. I took off for a few years, and then started again, and I haven't stopped since.  

6. Do you gift books to reads for book reviews?
Of course! I love to be able to give someone a book, and I always appreciate their feedback. 

7. How did you come up with the cover? Who designed the cover for your book?
For my Foxfire Chronicles series, I wanted each book to feature something from the story. The cover of SOPM (Shadows of Past Memories) features a necklace that plays a big part in the story. I designed the cover myself, and tried to incorporate everything I could from the story into it -- from the necklace, to the title's letters, to the colors and the shades. I'm definitely very proud of it, and I think it reflects the story pretty well. 

8. How did you come up with the title to your book?
I honestly don't remember. The book has to do with memories, so I knew I wanted to include that in the title...and the rest sort of just came to me. 

9. Is there anything you would change about your book? And why?
There probably is something I would change about my book, but I try not to think about it. Like most authors, I could change a book a million times if you'd let me, but then I'd never get anything done. For the most part, I think the book is good the way it is. It gives the story room to grow in the rest of the series. 

10. Do you have a book trailer? And what are your thoughts on book trailers?
Yes, I have a book trailer. I personally love book trailers, especially if they're done by the author. It sets the mood for the book, and makes me even more excited to read it. My trailer: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbqtojJAS-c

11. Do you prefer e-books, paperbacks, hardcovers or audio-books?
I actually prefer hardbacks when I read. For me, they are easier to carry/hold, and I love the smell of the pages, and the look of ink on paper. 

12. Are you a self-published/Indie author?
Yes, I am, and I love being one. I work hard to make every aspect of my novels the best they can be. 

13. Have you ever read a book more than once? And if so, what was it?
Yes! I have read my favorite book on the entire planet (and also the first novel I ever finished) quite a few times -- and that, by the way, is The Thief Lord, by Cornelia Funke. 

14. What are you reading at the moment, and in what format?
I'm reading quite a few books right now, most in paperback/hardcover. On the list are: Matched (by Ally Condie), A Long Long Sleep (by Anna Sheehan), Dreaming in Technicolor (by Laura Jensen Walker), and Eden (by Keary Taylor), which I'm actually reading in ebook. 

15. Do you have any advice for other writers? And what's the best advice that you have been given when it comes to writing?
My advice would be: keep writing. Don't stop. This is a shadow of the best writing advice I've been given. I was told: just keep writing. Finish something. Most people start and never finish their work, and then their books never get read. I believe it's all about perseverance, and belief in your work. 

16. Where can your reads follow you?

Website: http://www.alexandralanc.com


Blog: http://www.goodreads.com/author/show/5221456.Alexandra_Lanc/blog


Goodreads Author Page: http://www.goodreads.com/author/show/5221456.Alexandra_Lanc


Twitter: http://twitter.com/#!/AuthorLanc


Amazon: http://www.amazon.com/Alexandra-Lanc/e/B005H83YVW/ref=ntt_athr_dp_pel_1


Smashwords: http://www.smashwords.com/profile/view/AlexandraLanc

 





Thankyou so much for taking the time to do this interview and allowing us a glimpse into your writing world!

No comments:

Post a Comment