Wednesday 12 October 2011

Author Interview: Brinda Berry


Brinda Berry has written The Waiting Booth.

1. What is your name and where do you call home?
Hi! I'm Brinda Berry, and I'm a YA author from Arkansas in the US. If I ever talk with you on the phone or in person, you'll never doubt that I am from the South. 

2. Do you have a pen name?
Nope.  I have enough fictional characters talking inside my head to keep me confused. I definitely do not need another name.

3. What is the name of your most recent book and if you had to sum it up in 20 or less words, what would you say?
My debut YA fantasy is The Waiting Booth. 
A missing boy, government agents, an interdimensional portal.  How much stranger can life get for seventeen-year-old Mia? 
 
4. Do you have plans for a new book? Is this book part of a series? 
This book is Book One in the Whispering Woods series. I hope to announce dates to Book 2 in the near future.

5. How did you come up with the cover? Who designed the cover of your book?
I have a great publisher, Etopia Press, who contracted Amanda Kelsey. She designed the beautiful cover.

6. How did you come up with the title for your book?
There is a red, wooden structure that I pass everyday on my drive to work. It sparked my imagination when I first began thinking about the story that became The Waiting Booth. I think the "waiting booth" near my home was built for someone's children to wait for the school bus. You find out about Mia's waiting booth in the book.


7. Do you prefer e-books, paperbacks, hardcovers or audiobooks?  
I love all books, but I prefer e-books and audiobooks.  

8. Have you ever read a book more than once? And if so what was it?
I've read The Host by Stephenie Meyer several times. I've also read The Dark Tower series by Stephen King more than once. It has to be a great book before I want to read it several times. I plan on reading Lauren Oliver's books a second time.

9. What book are you reading at the moment? And in what format?
I just finished Linger by Maggie Steifvater and am currently listening to Matched by Allie Condie in audio format. 

10. Where can your readers follow you?








Thankyou so much for taking the time to do this interview and allowing us a glimpse into your writing world!

No comments:

Post a Comment