W. J. May has written Rae Of Hope.
1. What is your name and where do you call home?
Wanita May – Canada (fruit belt of Ontario… come and find me )
2.What is the name of your most recent book and if you had to sum it up in 20 or less words, what would you say?
RAE OF HOPE – the first book in the Chronicles of Kerrigan.
Imagine waking up on your sixteenth birthday with a tattoo on your lower back that gives you a unique power… (I’m out of space… 20 words used up)
3. Do you have plans for a new book? Is this book part of a series?
Rae of Hope is the first book in the Chronicles of Kerrigan - I’ve signed a four book contract. It’s an awesome series, I love it!
4. What or who inspired you to start writing? And how long have you been writing?
My Dad inspired me to start writing. He passed away from cancer but was the strongest man I even knew. He made me want to chase after my dreams. (if you read the acknowledgements in Rae of Hope, you’ll get the ‘big’ picture )
5. Do you gift books to readers for book reviews?
Totally – what’s funner that free stuff?
6. How did you come up with the cover? Who designed the cover of your book?
I love my cover – I totally didn’t do it. The publishing company did. I have no talent in that department. But I LOVE love LOVE my cover. A fellow writing told me she had cover-envy and it was so cute, it made my day!
7. How did you come up with the title for your book?
I love foreshadowing and using words with double meanings. I had the title of the book set before I even started writing it. I knew the main characters name (Rae Kerrigan) and because of her situation, she needed a Rae of Hope.
8. Do you have a book trailer? And what are your thoughts on book trailers?
I do have a book trailer (link added below). I’m a fan of trailers – as long as they are done short and sweet – like a movie premier. It’s like reading the back cover with a bit of a movie.
9. Do you prefer e-books, paperbacks, hardcovers or audiobooks?
I still like to hold a book in my hand, even though I own a kindle. There is something about lying in bed and being able to flip back to a certain chapter and scene to remember what happened and find the foreshadowing used before. I like them all, but deep down, I’m old school with a paperback.
10. Are you a self-published / Indie author?
No, published by Mitchell Morris Publishing. My agent is Dawn Dowdle – Blue Ridge Agency
11. Have you ever read a book more than once? And if so what was it?
Oh yeah! It’s like watching a movie a second time and catching the foreshadowing and little things you missed the first (or second, or third time). Last book I reread? Pride and Prejudice, and before that… Twilight. I’m a Twi-fan… go TEAM EDWARD J okay… I want to watch the Abduction movie so go TEAM JACOB.
12. What book are you reading at the moment? And in what format?
I’m heavy into edits right now on two different books Ive written so I haven’t had time to read much as of late. Last book I did read was: I AM NUMBER FOUR on my kindle. I want to read the second book in the series but have heard different reviews on it. Would love to hear other people’s thoughts on thumbs up or thumbs down.
13. Where can your readers follow you?
Facebook page: Wanita May
Book Trailer: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iauHkcm6UQo
Thankyou so much for taking the time to do this interview and allowing us a glimpse into your writing world!