Rachel Firasek is one of the authors featuring in the September giveaway. Rachel has written Piper's Fury.
1. What is your name and where do you call home?
Funny thing, my name is Rachel Firasek and I'm from Central Texas. Yes, I grew up near Waco. ;)
2. Do you have a pen name?
I write under my own name, I have a hard enough time with the characters in my head, I didn't want to actually have to be someone else too.
3. What is the name of your most recent book and if you had to sum it up in 20 or less words, what would you say?
The Last Rising published by Entangled Publishing. A world-weary phoenix must learn to trust the love of a sexy Texan in order to find her salvation.
4. Do you have plans for a new book? Is this book part of a series?
I always have plans for a new book, lol. Just not always the time to write. The Last Rising is the first book in the Curse of the Phoenix series. I have a paranormal romance novel that released in March, Piper's Fury and I hope to release the second novel in that series...well, sometime soon.
5. What or who inspired you to start writing? And how long have you been writing?
Laurell K Hamilton inspired me to get serious with my writing, but I've always loved to write. When everyone in English moaned and groaned about essays, I was smacking my lips and singing, "Come to mamma."
6. How did you come up with the cover? Who designed the cover of your book?
We actually have very little control of the cover, unless you self-publish, which, don't be surprised if you don't see a few shorts roll out from me soon. Heather Howland designed my cover for The Last Rising. She is awesome!
7. How did you come up with the title for your book?
My title just fit. It's my heroine's last rising as a phoenix, although she doesn't know it.
8. Is there anything you would change about your book? And why?
Hmmm...nope, if I was going to change it, I probably would have already. I will change a book numerous times throughout revisions until I have it just how I want it.
9. Do you have a book trailer? And what are your thoughts on book trailers?
I don't have a trailer for my books, but I do have one for my brand. I get frustrated with the price of pics and the act of flipping through screen after screen for the right shot. I don't mind putting together a trailer once I have all the pics. As far as if they are effective: I think they're pretty, but I know most of the time I bypass them as a reader, so I don't know how effective they really are.
10. Do you prefer e-books, paperbacks, hardcovers or audiobooks?
I don't have a preference. I'll read from my nook for weeks, then flop over to my paperback shelf. I don't care for hardcovers, they're a little weighty. I adore audiobooks because I have an hour commute to work. Yes, I still have a day job.
11. Are you a self-published / Indie author?
I'm an epubbed author at the moment, but don't be surprised to see me venturing into the self pub world at some point.
12. Have you ever read a book more than once? And if so what was it?
I've read the LK Hamilton, Anita Blake series twice and Jeaniene Frost's series three times. :) If I love a book, I'll read it over and over.
13. What book are you reading at the moment? And in what format?
I just finished Keta Diablo's Cradle of Dreams in an ebook format. So good.
14. Where can your readers follow you?
Goodreads author page: http://www.goodreads.com/author/show/4736939.Rachel_Firasek
Thankyou so much for taking the time to do this interview and allowing us a glimpse into your writing world!