Monday 22 August 2011

Author Interview: Joshuah Buckle





Joshuah Buckle has written The Rise.


1. What is your name and where do you call home? 
Joshuah Buckle and I live in Hervey Bay, Queensland in Australia.



2. Do you have a pen name?
No


3. What is the name of your most recent book and if you had to sum it up in 20 or less words, what would you say?
My latest novel is titles 'The Rise." It is a supernatural fiction, angels


4. Do you have plans for a new book? Is this book part of a series?
I am currently working on part two, and there is the possibility of a third book in the series. I am also working on the film script for the book.



5. What or who inspired you to start writing? And how long have you been writing?
I have been writing fora  few years now, mostly creating ideas for film work (Scripts etc). I was starting a small animated film in 2007 that turned into an idea for a full length drama television series and from there I just kept writing.



6. Do you gift books to readers for book reviews?
I can't for every book reviewer but if I think it will help bring my book to the world more I will certainly think about it.



7. How did you come up with the cover? Who designed the cover of your book?
The cover was just what I saw in my head. I got the opportunity to design my own cover as I have worked in design.



8. How did you come up with the title for your book?
'The Rise' is something in the book that is essential to the story.



9. Is there anything you would change about your book? And why?
No. Once my book is finished and I am happy with it there is no need to change. I may change and grow as a writer and in the future I may of written different things, but when I wrote that book, that was where I was in my career at that point. I hope that makes sense.



10. Do you have a book trailer? And what are your thoughts on book trailers?
Most book trailers I see are just some images and words and I really don't find that appealing. I am currently in pre-production for a book trailer for 'The Rise' which is more like a feature film trailer with actors, special effects and a lot of action.



11. Do you prefer e-books, paperbacks, hardcovers or audiobooks?
I love the feel and look of hardbacks and paperbacks. There is nothing like actually holding a book and that new book smell.



12. Are you a self-published / Indie author?
I would have been but I was picked up by a small new publisher in Aberdeen.



13. Have you ever read a book more than once? And if so what was it?
Not that I remember.



14. What book are you reading at the moment? And in what format?
Currently writing and I don't really read while I'm writing a book.



15. Do you have any advice for other writers? And what’s the best advice that you have been given when it comes to writing?
The best advice in the world to a writer is to write. Write as much as you can as often as you can and find your voice.



16. Where can your readers follow you?

Website: http://www.joshuahbuckle.com

Facebook page: http://www.facebook.com/JoshuahBuckle

Goodreads author page: http://www.goodreads.com/joshuahbuckle

Twitter: http://twitter.com/TheRealJoshB



Thankyou so much for taking the time to do this interview and allowing us a glimpse into your writing world!


2 comments:

  1. Hi Joshuah, nice to meet you - I live in Cairns!!! Freaks me out when I meet another Aussie! Patti :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just wanting to share that 'The Rise' book #1 has been released on ebook today @ https://www.smashwords.com/books/view/85791

    I live in Hervey Bay Patti.. GO QUEENSLAND!

    ReplyDelete