Tarek Refaat is one of the authors featuring in the September giveaway. Tarek has written Ruptured.
1. What is your name and where do you call home?
My name is Tarek Hassan Refaat. What I call home: my country, however home is my mind... my world.
2. Do you have a pen name?
Nope just my real name.
3. What is the name of your most recent book and if you had to sum it up in 20 or less words, what would you say?
Ruptured is the name of my first book. Description: Ruptured is the story of a struggle, a different type of struggle, one against society. A rape victim that challenges the eyes of condemnation.
4. Do you have plans for a new book? Is this book part of a series?
I have a book written but am just focused now on Ruptured since it just came out in May. It's not part of a series.
5. What or who inspired you to start writing? And how long have you been writing?
From a very young age, I had the need, the feeling of wanting to put what I see or feel down in words. I never really thought I would go down the path of writing until began to fall in love with books at the age of 15.
I've been writing since I was 13, it began with writings thoughts and then poetry and then finally stories.
6. Do you gift books to readers for book reviews?
Definitely it's always a pleasure to share my work.
7. How did you come up with the cover? Who designed the cover of your book?
The cover was the idea of the publisher, she did the design.
8. How did you come up with the title for your book?
I never really come up with the titles except after I am finished, and I wanted something to reflect how fierce is the struggle, and I pictured a woman tearing her way out to hope, it was first titled Ruptured Into Hope and then amended into Ruptured.
9. Is there anything you would change about your book? And why?
Perhaps the ending, I feel it didn't take the time it deserved.
10. Do you have a book trailer? And what are your thoughts on book trailers?
Yes I do, I believe that now in the age we live in book trailers are actually quite interesting just as any movie or TV show, books deserve the proper advertising since they're becoming more and more rare, and I believe that books shouldn't really fade into the background and since technology is there, why not use it?
11. Do you prefer e-books, paperback, hardcovers or audiobooks?
I am personally a paperback and hardcover fan, a book for me means holding a book in my hand and hearing this faint sound of turning the pages. I also just love the feel of older books!
12. Are you a self-published / Indie author?
Well not at this stage, my first publishing adventure is with a publishing house her in Egypt called Shabab Books which translates to Youth Books.
13. Have you ever read a book more than once? And if so what was it?
Yes, I have there's this one specific book which I believe to have changed my life called Reach For The Sky it's a biography of a WWII legless pilot.
14. What book are you reading at the moment? And in what format?
Am working on several books at the moment (re-reading Reach For the Sky, and a few history books).
15. Do you have any advice for other writers? And what's the best advice that you have been given when it comes to writing?
My advice, is take the adventure, go out there, write and pour out your feelings and don't let anything stop in your way. The best advice was from famous author, Tom Clancy who told me in an email, Write every day, write every damn day, I've lived by his motto ever since.
16. Where can your readers follow you?
Goodreads author page:
Twitter: my twitter name is energizre
Thankyou so much for taking the time to do this interview and allowing us a glimpse into your writing world!