1. What is your name and where do you call home?
My name is Jenna-Lynne Duncan. I live in Minnesota, although I would call New Orleans home.
2. What is the name of your most recent book and if you had to sum it up in 20 or less words, what would you say?
Hurricane, book one in a brand new YA series. Hurricane is a paranormal romance/urban fantasy novel set in New Orleans. It is about a psychic teen who is kidnapped by her two classmates, the mysterious Boudreaux brothers.
3. Do you have plans for a new book? Is this book part of a series?
Yes, I am currently working on the next book in the series, the sequel to Hurricane. I am also writing a few other YA novels.
4. Do you gift books to readers for book reviews?
If you are a book review blog, we gift digital copies of the novel for review/interview purposes. A portion of the sales go to charity, Habitat for Humanity New Orleans.
5. How did you come up with the cover? Who designed the cover of your book?
Writing the book was easy, choosing the cover was not! We came up with three different possibilities for the cover and had a contest where readers could vote for the cover they’d like to see on the novel.
6. How did you come up with the title for your book?
Hurricane is a double entendre. Hurricane describes both Hurricane Katrina, the storm that hit New Orleans in 2005 and the heroine’s life.
7. Do you have a book trailer? And what are your thoughts on book trailers?
Yes! It’s just a small and simple one. There is also a fan made one that is amazing! I love the idea of book trailers. You can find mine on YouTube or my website. http://youtu.be/ieFLe2WiTOk
8. Do you prefer e-books, paperbacks, hardcovers or audiobooks?
I am torn between paperback and ebooks. It just depends on when/where I am reading.
9. Are you a self-published / Indie author?
I am published by Divertir Publishing of NH. They are a smaller publishing company.
10. What book are you reading at the moment? And in what format?
I am currently reading Enticed and Embrace by Jessica Shirvington. She is an Australian author, and the book isn’t available in the US yet but I was fortunate to have one of my fans send it to me!
11. Do you have any advice for other writers? And what’s the best advice that you have been given when it comes to writing?
There is little distinction to being a reader and a writer. Write a lot and read more than you write.
12. Where can your readers follow you?
Book website: www.Hurricanethebook.com
Twitter: @JennaLynneD or www.Twitter.com/JennaLynneD
To purchase Hurricane:
Divertir Publishing: http://www.divertirpublishing.com/hurricane.html
Thankyou so much for taking the time to do this interview and allowing us a glimpse into your writing world!