Monday 17 October 2011

The Ghost In The Crystal by Matt Posner

ISBN: 9781456325923
Publisher: Self / Indie
Pages: 328

The Ghost In The Crystal (which is the first book in the School Of Ages series) is about Simon Magus. Simon discovered his magic by accident when he saw an advert in the paper and he applied for a place at STA (a magic school). Whilst at STA Simon is haunted by an ancient spirit seeking his help.

It took me a while to read through this book as to be quite honest I didn't enjoy it as much as I thought I would. I found The Ghost In The Crystal was written quite formally and at some points the story seemed unfinished as parts were written from the author's viewpoint rather than a character within the plot line which in my opinion, didn't fit in at all. Some aspects of the story were quite inconsistent as well, at the start it was mentioned that Simon Magus was a name that the character had given himself for magic school and that it would be explained later on in the book why he chose that name, which unfortunately didn't happen or was so subtle that I missed it. However, I like the cover as it suits the theme within the book.

Available at Amazon.co.uk.

No comments:

Post a Comment