Monday 18 March 2013

Author Interview: Isabella Macotte

Isabella Macotte has written The Heart Gem and Monster Mirror.

1. What is your name and where do you call home?
I’m Isabella Macotte and have published romance and young adult novels. I live in wonderful, exciting Chicago in the United States. My latest book, Monster Mirror, is a young adult paranormal romance.

2. What is the name of your most recent book and if you had to sum it up in 20 or less words, what would you say?
Monster Mirror: Mia must use all her paranormal knowledge to fight against evil, or she’ll become one with it.

3. Do you have plans for a new book? Is this book part of a series?
I’m completing The Monster Mirrors, book two in the Swap series. My beta readers love it!

4. How did you come up with the cover? Who designed the cover of your book?
I had a few ideas for the cover of Monster Mirror. Something featuring, of course, a scary mirror and also setting a dark mood. Amy Haffner, a very talented artist, designed the cover for me.

5. Do you have a playlist in mind for any of your books?  
Here’s my playlist for Monster Mirror: Radioactive by Imagine Dragons, Madness by Muse, Every Day is Halloween by Ministry, I Will Not Bow by Breaking Benjamin, and Satellite Heart by Anya Marine.

6. Do you have a “Dreamcast” in mind for any of your books?
I do for Monster Mirror. 

Mia: Jennifer Lawrence.  

Aiden: Darren Criss  

Valryk: Liam Hemsworth

7. What is your favourite film based on a book?
I love, love, love the Jane Eyre mini series with Ruth Wilson and Toby Stephens. They both epitomized exactly how I pictured Jane and Mr. Rochester. I have this obsession with the book, Jane Eyre. Jane was such a strong woman. She could have been crushed by all the difficulties in her youth - losing her parents, moving in with abusive relatives, being cast off into a terrible orphanage. And when Edward first offers her a life that goes in contrast to her moral compass, it would have been so easy to go along. Over and over, different people try to push her life into a certain path. Each time, Jane stays strong and does what she wants and knows is right.

8. What is your favourite book genre at the moment?
I’ve ALWAYS loved scary shows and movies. Not gory, just heart-pounding, adrenaline-racing, weird-noises-in-the-basement scariness. I couldn’t pick one supernatural creature for Monster Mirror, so decided to include them all. Angels, wraith, gremlin, troll, banshee. They all get some time. That’s what makes a story interesting. You never know just what to expect.

9. Do you have any hobbies that aren’t related to reading & writing?
Besides reading and writing, I’d say watching my favorite shows (a mix of paranormal like True Blood and Walking Dead and reality like Dance Moms and Sister Wives), I’m not a big shopper, but love to people watch at the mall, a cup of Starbucks decaf non-fat latte in my hand. Another interest of mine is learning about homesteading and survival techniques. Maybe this is due to the number of dystopian novels I read? You never know when you need to learn to build shelter and live off the land, right?

10. Where can your readers follow you?

Blog:

Facebook page:

Goodreads author page:

Twitter:

Amazon

Thankyou so much for taking the time to do this interview and allowing us a glimpse into your writing world!

No comments:

Post a Comment