Tuesday 8 May 2012

Author Interview: J.R. Wilson

J.R. Wilson has written Anais Of Brightshire.

1. What is your name and where do you call home?
My name is Jamie Wilson and I live in a suburb of Boston.

2. What is the name of your most recent book and if you had to sum it up in 20 or less words, what would you say?
Anais of Brightshire - 
Anais, an eleven-year-old girl sent to Brightshire to serve as a scullery maid, teaches herself illegal blood magic.

3. Do you have plans for a new book? Is this book part of a series?
Absolutely.  This is the first book in a series.  The second book is tentatively titled ‘Anais of the Stolen Road’.

4. What or who inspired you to start writing? And how long have you been writing?
I’ve dabbled in writing since I was a little kid.  But I always considered it an impractical career choice.  Luckily the self-publishing industry has opened publishing up to us dabblers.

5. Do you gift books to readers for book reviews?
My book is only available in ebook format, and it’s free to anyone, whether they review or not.

6. How did you come up with the cover? Who designed the cover of your book?
My mother drew the picture and I incorporated it into the cover.  I wanted a simple black and white sketch - I thought it helped create an aura of an old school fairy tale.

7. Is there anything you would change about your book? And why?
I would have merged the first two books into one volume.  I think ‘Anais of Brightshire’ is firmly entrenched in the dangerous ‘Novella’ waters.

8. Do you prefer e-books, paperbacks, hardcovers or audiobooks?
I’ve been a big fan of audiobooks lately.

9. Are you a self-published / Indie author?
Yes.  I am a self-published/Indie author.  

10. Have you ever read a book more than once? And if so what was it?
I’ve read quite a few books multiple times.  Currently I am rereading George R. R. Martin’s ‘A Song of Ice and Fire’ books for the second time.  I've also read Cassandra Clare's 'Mortal Instruments' series several times and Robin Mckinley's 'Sunshine'.  

11. Have you ever read a book just based on its cover?
Yes.  It often backfires. 

12. Has the quality of the cover of a book ever put you off of reading it?
Yes.

13. What book are you reading at the moment? And in what format?
I’m listening to George R. R. Martin’s ‘A Dance with Dragons’.

14. Do you have any advice for other writers? And what’s the best advice that you have been given when it comes to writing?
This is hard.  I’m still trying to figure out what to do myself.  My only advice is - write as often as you can, and write for yourself.

15. Where can your readers follow you? 



Thankyou so much for taking the time to do this interview and allowing us a glimpse into your writing world!

1 comment:

  1. Thank you for posting my author interview. You have a very informative blog!

    ReplyDelete