Tuesday 1 May 2012

Torn by Cat Clarke

ISBN: 9780857382054
Publisher: Quercus
Pages: 378

Four girls. One dead body. A whole lot of guilt.

Alice King isn’t expecting the holiday of a lifetime when she sets off with her classmates on a trip to the Scottish wilderness, but she’s not exactly prepared for an experience beyond her darkest nightmares…

Alice and her best friend Cass are stuck in a cabin with Polly, the social outcast, and Rae, the moody emo-girl. Then there’s Tara – queen of mean. Powerful, beautiful and cruel, she likes nothing better than putting people down.

Cass decides it’s time to teach Tara a lesson she’ll never forget. And so begins a series of events that will change the lives of these girls forever... 



From the blurb of Torn, I thought that I would absolutely LOVE reading it, (even more than Entangled, which is also by Cat Clarke), but unfortunately I didn't. Although Torn was wonderfully written, and flowed beautifully, there was just something missing. It lacked the attitude that I loved in Entangled. To be quite honest, for the subject matter it covered, I found Torn to be quite tame. My favourite character was Rae, she seemed to be quite meek and quiet at first but as the story progressed, she revealed more about herself and grew in confidence, which made me warm to her even more. I really like the cover of Torn, but whilst the image on the cover is subtle enough not to give away the content of the book, I felt that it's ties with Torn could have been stronger.

Available at Amazon.com & Amazon.co.uk.

No comments:

Post a Comment