Friday 31 August 2012

Author Interview: Eric Easly

Eric Easly has written Fractured Into Being.

1. What is your name and where do you call home? 
My name is Eric Easly and home is Atlanta Georgia, in the U.S. of A.

2. What is the name of your most recent book and if you had to sum it up in 20 or less words, what would you say? 

It is Fractured into Being, a science fiction novel that is “A terrifying skid through space as the book’s protagonists jump out of the pan only to land in the fire.”

3. How did you come up with the cover? Who designed the cover of your book? 

I did the cover myself, meaning, I bought an image representing the essence of the book and doctored the picture a bit before adding the title. The cover is a woman facing a human body that is covered in electronic circuits with a space backdrop. Once you read the book this will make sense to you.

4. How did you come up with the title for your book? 

The book’s working title was The Draconian Measures, but when I finished, I felt it needed something a bit more poetic and Fractured into Being sort of popped into my head. The title describes what happens in the book on a number of levels, both personally for the main characters and more broadly for the human race.

5. What books have made it onto your wishlist recently? And why? 

I already have a stack of short story anthologies (F. Scott Fitzgerald, Glimmer Train, The Best American Short Stories, etc.) that I haven't had time to read so I’m not wishing for anything else at present.  ;)

6. Where can your readers follow you?


Facebook page: facebook.com/AuthorEricEasly


Goodreads author page: http://www.goodreads.com/author/show/6449435.Eric_Easly


Twitter: @EricEasly


Amazon: http://www.amazon.com/-/e/B008QLZF2I


Thankyou so much for taking the time to do this interview and allowing us a glimpse into your writing world!

No comments:

Post a Comment