Thursday 30 August 2012

Initiation by Imogen Rose

ISBN: 9780982800256
Publisher: Self / Indie
Pages: 412

Welcome to Bonfire Academy. Set in the foothills of the alpine mountains in St.Moritz, this exclusive private school caters to a special kind of student. Enter at your own risk... but if you are human, you may not want to enter at all.

I received Initiation by Imogen Rose for review from Imogen Rose & Allison Potter. Although, I really enjoyed reading Initiation, I found that the language used was quite simple, compared to the complexity of the plot. I liked reading about the different “Paranormals” that attended Bonfire Academy, and the different rules each Paranormal faction / community had to follow as well, however my favourite part was reading about the London and New York “Paranormal Councils”. My favourite character was Faustine, mainly because of her naivety, but also because of her unusual heritage, which makes her time at Bonfire Academy all the more interesting! I really like the cover of Initiation! The sharp, contrasting tones on the cover image portray the dark, supernatural elements within the book well.

Available at Amazon.co.uk.

No comments:

Post a Comment