Thursday 9 August 2012

Author Interview: Jennifer Snyder

Jennifer Snyder has written Marked, Changed and Shattered Soul.

1. What is your name and where do you call home?
Jennifer Snyder

2. Do you have a pen name?
No

3. Do you gift books to readers for book reviews?
Yes, I do gift books to select readers for reviews.

4. How did you come up with the cover? Who designed the cover of your book?
The covers for both Marked and Changed were ones I came up with on my own, at least the idea of them. My ideas and the design process were completed by the very talented Stephanie Mooney of Mooney Designs.

5. Is there anything you would change about your book covers?
Ask me in a few years, as for right now though…I love them all just the way they are!

6. Would you have different book covers for different countries?
No, I’m not a big fan of the “different book covers for different countries.”

7. Do you have a book trailer? And what are your thoughts on book trailers?
No, I don’t have a book trailer for any of my books. I really enjoy them. I think they are a pretty cool little extra, but I just haven’t gotten around to creating my own.

8. Do you prefer e-books, paperbacks, hardcovers or audiobooks?
My husband bought me an e-reader a little over a year ago and I absolutely love it! E-books are my top pick at the moment, but if I really enjoy the book I’ll buy it in paperback as well for my bookshelf. I do prefer paperbacks over hardbacks and I’ve honestly never listened to an audiobook before so I don’t know how I feel about them.

9. Are you a self-published / Indie author?
Yes, I am.

10. Have you ever read a book more than once? And if so what was it?
Definitely! Interview With A Vampire by Anne Rice and Blood And Chocolate by Annette Curtis Klause are the two on my shelf that have the most worn out spines from loads of rereads!  As for an ebook reread—Beautiful Disaster by Jamie McGuire.

11. Have you ever read a book just based on its cover?
No, I actually haven’t. The cover does help in persuading me to read the book, but I have to be drawn in by the blurb to buy it.

12. Has the quality of the cover of a book ever put you off of reading it?
Yes. Horrible I know, but I am guilty of this.

13. What is your favorite film based on a book?
The Hunger Games! Only time I have ever enjoyed the movie as much as the book!

14. What is your favorite book genre at the moment?
Young Adult Paranormal Romance

15. Do you have any advice for other writers? And what’s the best advice that you have been given when it comes to writing?
My advice to any new authors would be to make sure you have a thick skin going into this business, because if you don’t you will gain one. Hire a cover artist AND an editor. Both are worth their weight in gold. And always remember: “Not every book you write is going to be a bestseller, but that doesn’t mean you should stop writing.” ;) As for the advice I was given, I was always told to hire an editor from day one.

16. Where can your readers follow you?





Thankyou so much for taking the time to do this interview and allowing us a glimpse into your writing world!

1 comment: