Kristi Jones has written The Corpse Goddess.
1. What is your name and where do you call home?
My name is Kristi Jones and I live in a suburb outside of Houston, Texas
2. What is the name of your most recent book and if you had to sum it up in 20 or less words, what would you say?
My debut novel, The Corpse Goddess, is about a young Valkyire struggling to escape the Death Duty, which requires that she become a walking corpse.
3. Do you have plans for a new book? Is this book part of a series?
Yes, I’m working on book two of The Corpse Goddess now. Meg’s duties as a Valkyrie have just begun!
4. What or who inspired you to start writing? And how long have you been writing?
I’ve been writing for so long, I’m not sure I can say what inspired me to start. I wrote my first poem when I was six years old. I’m a little embarrassed to admit that I’ve been writing novels for about thirteen years! I guess I’m a slow learner...and thirteen must be my lucky number!
5. Do you gift books to readers for book reviews?
6. How did you come up with the cover? Who designed the cover of your book?
I have to say, I just love my cover! It was done by Sour Cherry Designs and they did a magnificent job!
7. Is there anything you would change about your book? And why?
Well, I’m a perfectionist. My internal editor doesn’t whisper, she shouts! So I’m the kind of writer who can always find something to change, to perfect, but at some point you have to let your baby go and move on to the next one.
8. Do you have a book trailer? And what are your thoughts on book trailers?
I don’t have one yet, but would love to make one. They look like so much fun!
9. Do you prefer e-books, paperbacks, hardcovers or audiobooks?
I love them all. I didn’t think I would like an e-reader. I love the weight of a book, turning the pages, the feel of the paper. But after reading Stephen King’s Under the Dome, my wrists actually ached so my husband bought me a Nook. Now I can hold my Nook in one hand and stir spaghetti sauce with the other...perfection!
10. Have you ever read a book more than once? And if so what was it?
Oh, all the time! Most recently I re-read Pride and Prejudice, Salem’s Lot and The Mistress of Mellyn.
11. What book are you reading at the moment? And in what format?
I’m re-reading Stephen King’s The Stand in old paperback and Rhiannon Frater’s The First Days in ebook.
12. Do you have any advice for other writers? And what’s the best advice that you have been given when it comes to writing?
The very best advice I’ve gotten comes from James Scott Bell. We were talking after a seminar and I was saying something about being inspired, that I wanted to lock myself in a room and just write. He looked at me, really looked at me and said, “Do it. Go do it right now.”
We can talk about writing and read about writing, but ultimately you have to stop talking and just sit down and do it. My advice, for what it’s worth, is to write. Write all day long if you can.
13. Where can your readers follow you?
Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/authorkristijones
Goodreads author page: http://www.goodreads.com/author/show/6430939.Kristi_Jones
Thankyou so much for taking the time to do this interview and allowing us a glimpse into your writing world!