Thursday 29 May 2014

Scarlet by A.C. Gaughen

ISBN: 9780802723468
Publisher: Bloomsbury
Pages: 292

The people of Nottinghamshire know Will Scarlet as Robin Hood’s shadow, a slip of a boy who throws daggers with deadly accuracy and an accomplished thief with an unerring eye for treasure. A select few know that Will is actually Scarlet, a young woman “recruited” by Robin two years earlier as he wandered the alleys of London. But no one knows who the real Scarlet is, what she was doing in London, and how she got that scar on her cheek. That is, no one but Gisbourne, the ruthless thief-taker just hired by the sheriff to capture Robin and his band.

I received an ARC of Scarlet, A.C. Gaughen's modern take on Robin Hood, for review from Bloomsbury, which I thoroughly enjoyed reading! My favourite character was Scarlet, I liked reading about her as Will Scarlet, and as herself. At times in this book, Scarlet seems to take the place of Maid Marion in the traditional story of Robin Hood. Although I like the cover of Scarlet, I don't think that it's a perfect fit for the modern, quirky story within.

Available at Amazon.com & Amazon.co.uk.

1 comment:

  1. I really enjoyed this book as well, I heard there is already a sequel out, but I haven't seen it.

    ReplyDelete