Saturday 21 January 2012

Author Interview: Kiera Cass

Kiera Cass has written The Siren and The Selection.

1. What is your name and where do you call home?
I am Kiera Cass, and I live in Blacksburg, VA. It's a small town. We have a lot of cows.

2. Do you have plans for a new book? Is this book part of a series?
The Selection is the first book in a trilogy, and I'm so excited about where it's going. I'm in the process of editing the second book right now!

3. How did you come up with the cover? Who designed the cover of your book?
The brilliant minds at HarperTeen designed the cover for The Selection, and I genuinely don't think it could be any better! Early on, I pitched ideas to my editor, and I'm so glad they didn't pan out! They were awful compared to the final product.

4. Do you prefer e-books, paperbacks, hardcovers or audiobooks?
I like REAL books. I like the smell and the feel. I do prefer paperbacks, just because they travel well.

5. Are you a self-published / Indie author?
Originally, yes! The Selection is with HarperTeen, but in 2009, I self-published a fantasy/ paranormal book called The Siren. I still really love that story!

6. Do you have any advice for other writers? And what’s the best advice that you have been given when it comes to writing?
Keep learning! There's so much going on behind the scenes of making a book, so get online and see what other newbies are going through and learn as much as you can!

7. Where can your readers follow you?

Website: kieracass.com




Thankyou so much for taking the time to do this interview and allowing us a glimpse into your writing world!

No comments:

Post a Comment