Thursday 21 June 2012

Author Interview: Molly Snow

Molly Snow has written BeSwitched, BeSwitched Witch and Royally BeSwitched.

1. Are you a self-published / Indie author?
Yes, I am :) I love that I can create and publish to my heart’s content. This is the start of the best time ever for authors, because the potential for success is greater for all. I haven’t even pursued an agent or publisher since back when I was eighteen. When fans tell me how much they love The BeSwitched Series it is the best validation in the world… Plus, I have so much fun putting together the stories without any outside influence.

I also started a small press publishing company--Breezy Reads. You can learn about it at http://breezyreads.com

2. Have you ever read a book just based on its cover?
Covers always are the first thing to draw me to a story. I was drawn to reading an H.P. Mallory book because I noticed her covers were sassy and cute, similar to mine.

3. Has the quality of the cover of a book ever put you off of reading it?
Absolutely. I tend to think the quality of writing will be reflected by the cover.

4. What book are you reading at the moment? And in what format?
I am reading The Hunger Games just because of all the hype :0) I have to see what the big deal is. I am only on page thirty-something, so I have just started it. I usually like to read light-hearted stories. Suzanne Collins is a smooth writer who doesn’t feel the need to throw out certain words just to impress.

It’s paperback, but most of my books now are ebooks I read through my iPad.

5. Do you have any advice for other writers? And what’s the best advice that you have been given when it comes to writing?
There are so many story ideas out there, and they basically all can be written down and made into a book, but so many fall flat because the author doesn’t let loose and have fun with their imaginations. My advice is to write to your story’s potential; have fun!

The best advice I have received is to just write, write, write. Having a back-list of books is important to fans.

6. Is there anything you would change about your book? And why?
I have heard a saying to the effect of an artist’s work is never done. After every book I have ever written, I can always go back and see places to tweak. We have to be content at some point that it is perfect, even in its imperfections. I could never publish, if I waited for true perfection. What is important to me is whether or not readers will be able to immerse themselves in my stories and enjoy them. As long as I receive fan messages, I feel fulfilled.


Thankyou so much for taking the time to do this interview and allowing us a glimpse into your writing world!

No comments:

Post a Comment