Friday 27 April 2012

A Witch In Winter by Ruth Warburton

ISBN: 9781444904697
Publisher: Hodder
Pages: 346

Anna Winterson doesn't know she's a witch and would probably mock you for believing in magic, but after moving to the small town of Winter with her father, she learns more than she ever wanted to about power. When Anna meets Seth, she is smitten, but when she enchants him to love her, she unwittingly amplifies a deadly conflict between two witch clans and splits her own heart in two. She wants to love Seth, to let him love her – but if it is her magic that's controlling his passion, then she is as monstrous as the witch clan who are trying to use her amazing powers for their own gain.

I received A Witch In Winter for review from Ruth Warburton. I really enjoyed reading this book, and once I had started it, I just couldn't put it down! My favourite character was Maya, as she supported and defended Anna, despite the risk to herself and her own family. Anna would have been one of my favourite characters however, I felt she was too easily led & too distracted at times. I also felt that Anna's friends, June, Liz and Prue were inconsistent & quite shallow compared to the rest of the characters, which was quite a shame really, as this for me, let the rest of the story down. Although I like the cover of A Witch In Winter, and to some slight extent it fits within the witch theme, I believe that a more suitable cover could have been designed or chosen.

Available at Amazon.co.uk.

No comments:

Post a Comment