Tuesday 26 February 2013

Author Interview: Julianna Scott

Julianna Scott has written The Holders.


1. What is your name and where do you call home?
Julianna Lee Scott, and I live in the suburbs of Chicago.

2. What is the name of your most recent book and if you had to sum it up in 20 or less words, what would you say?
THE HOLDERS: A story about the bonds of family, the power of love, and the strength you can find within yourself.

3. Do you have plans for a new book? Is this book part of a series?
THE HOLDERS is first in a series, the second of which will be out March 2014 and it will be called THE SEERS. Beyond that, and unrelated to the HOLDERS series, I am working two standalones as well as another series.

4. What or who inspired you to start writing? And how long have you been writing?
I have been writing for about three years, and I decided to start one day when I got the idea for a story,(not The Holders) and I was shocked to find that no one had done anything like it yet. I thought it would make a great book, and said, “Why not me.” I started writing, and haven’t stopped.

5. How did you come up with the title for your book?
Actually I was a lot harder than one would think. “Holders” are what a large group of the characters in the novel are called, and as much as that might seem like the obvious name, it changed several times before we finally decided.

6. Do you have a book trailer?


7. Do you prefer e-books, paperbacks, hardcovers or audiobooks?
E-books are convenient, but I will always be a physical copy kind of girl. Of those I prefer hardbacks whenever I can get them as I don’t usually buy a book unless I like it, and if I like I will read it over and over again, and hardbacks hold up better.

8. Have you ever bought a specific edition of a book because of it’s cover? (For example a UK, US or Canadian version)
No, but I would LOVE to get a set of the UK Vampire Academy books! Love those covers so much more than the US ones.

9. Have you ever read a book just based on its cover?
Sure, but I think we all do that to a certain extent. Though, I should also mention that I have many times though I would like a book because I liked the cover, and trust me, that is a fools game. :-)

10. What books have made it onto your wishlist recently? And why?
Of Beast and Beauty by Stacey Jay. I love fairytale retelling, but very few are done well. This one seems very interesting and I am excited for it to come out, though sadly, we will have to wait a bit.

11. Where can your readers follow you?







Thankyou so much for taking the time to do this interview and allowing us a glimpse into your writing world!

No comments:

Post a Comment