Tuesday 21 February 2012

Author Interview: Carolyn Chambers Clark

Carolyn Chambers Clark has written My Summer As An Au Pair.

1. What is your name and where do you call home?
My name is Carolyn Chambers Clark and I live in Florida.

2. Do you have a pen name?
No.

3. What is the name of your most recent book and if you had to sum it up in 20 or less words, what would you say?
My Summer As An Au Pair concerns an eighteen year old who ends up being an au pair and pretending to be married so she can pay board and room at school.

4. Do you have plans for a new book? Is this book part of a series?
Just finishing up Ghost Story, about a girl who helps the undead cross over. Hope it will be a series.

5. What or who inspired you to start writing? And how long have you been writing?
Been writing since I was 13. My mother gave me my first diary and I was a goner.

6. Do you gift books to readers for book reviews?
Yes!

7. How did you come up with the cover? Who designed the cover of your book?
I designed the cover.

8. Which is your favourite cover of all the books you have written?
I think I like the cover for Jane Eyre, Beware the best.

9. Is there anything you would change about your book covers?
Not so far. But since I'm an Indie Publisher, I can change them whenever I want.

10. How did you come up with the title for your book?
It started out as D.A.P. (Designated Au Pair), decided My Summer As An Au Pair worked.

11. Is there anything you would change about your book? And why?
I respond to reader/reviewer critiques; for Candy, Murder & Me, a reviewer suggested listing the recipes at the end of the book , so they'd be easy to find; I redid the e-book and added the list.

12. Do you have a book trailer? And what are your thoughts on book trailers?
Not for this book. Yet. I've made one for Dark Forces and posted it on youtube. It's fun to make them. I just have to find the time to do more.

13. Do you prefer e-books, paperbacks, hardcovers or audiobooks?
Slowly learning to prefer e-books. Save A Tree is a great motivator.

14. Are you a self-published / Indie author?
Yes, so far, although I plan to send Ghost Story through traditional channels for publication. Also working on a steampunk mystery that will also be queried through the agent process.

15. Have you ever read a book more than once? And if so what was it?
I've read every one of Ross MacDonald's mysteries numerous times. He's the one who got me interested in writing mysteries.

16. What book are you reading at the moment? And in what format?
Pride And Prejudice, Kindle.

17. Do you have any advice for other writers? And what’s the best advice that you have been given when it comes to writing?
Practice your craft, read and join a critique group.

18. Where can your readers follow you?









Thankyou so much for taking the time to do this interview and allowing us a glimpse into your writing world!

No comments:

Post a Comment