Sunday 4 December 2011

Author Interview: Sabine A. Reed



Sabine A. Reed has written The Black Orb.



1. What is your name and where do you call home?
My pen name is Sabine A. Reed, and I live in Bangladesh.

2. What is the name of your most recent book and if you had to sum it up in 20 or less words, what would you say?
The Black Orb is a fantasy e-novella. Aria is a young conniving thief who will risk her life in a fight against magic to save her brother. You can read the first chapter of The Black Orb here.

3. Do you have plans for a new book? Is this book part of a series?
The Black Orb is a stand-alone novella. Currently I am working on a new book which will be the first in a planned trilogy.

4. Do you gift books to readers for book reviews?
Yes. I give out ARCs (Advanced Reading Copies) to readers who can then post their reviews on Goodreads, Amazon and their book blogs, etc.

5. How did you come up with the cover? Who designed the cover of your book?
The cover of the book was designed by my publisher, Uncial Press.

6. How did you come up with the title for your book?
The Black Orb is the magical weapon that is used by the evil queen to suck the magic out of all living beings in the kingdom of Azmeer. Since the weapon is the focus of the book, I thought it apt to name the book The Black Orb.

7. Do you prefer e-books, paperbacks, hardcovers or audiobooks?
Now, I only read e-books. The only print book I bought this year was Inheritance, and that too because I wanted to complete my set as I already had the first three. I find it far more convenient to read on my e-reader.  I don’t have to go to a bookshop and search for books. Plus it’s nice to have all the choices in one e-reader and leave home with it. If a book bores me, I can switch to another in moments.

8. Are you a self-published / Indie author?
No, I am not a self-published author. My publisher is Uncial Press. 

9. Have you ever bought a specific edition of a book because of its cover? (For example a UK, US or Canadian version)
No. I always read the blurb and then decide if I want to buy the book.

10. Have you ever read a book just based on its cover?
Never, but a good cover will almost always tempt me to read the blurb.

11. Has the quality of the cover of a book ever put you off of reading it?
Never, but then a bad cover will not attract me towards the book and I won’t read the blurb. For an unknown author, the cover is quite important. 

12. Do you have any advice for other writers? And what’s the best advice that you have been given when it comes to writing?
The best advice I was given was to write and to write in different genres. My advice to others would be the same, but also I would like to tell: “Don’t be in a hurry to get published but instead focus on the craft. Too many writers these days publish their work before it is truly ready, and lose out on a career because once a reader reads a bad book, they will never read again another book by the same writer.” I want to share my writing and publishing journey with others and have my own blog A Writing and Publishing Resource for new writers.

13. Where can your readers follow you?


Facebook page: Sabine A. Reed

Goodreads author page: Sabine A. Reed on Goodreads





Read First Chapter of The Black Orb: http://www.uncialpress.com/blackorb-ch1.html



Thankyou so much for taking the time to do this interview and allowing us a glimpse into your writing world!

No comments:

Post a Comment