Saturday 3 December 2011

Author Interview: Jana Oliver



Jana Oliver has written The Demon Trappers series.



1. What is your name and where do you call home?
I’m Jana Oliver and currently I call Atlanta, Georgia my home.

2. What is the name of your most recent book and if you had to sum it up in 20 or less words, what would you say?
My most recent book had two names (LOL). In the US it was called SOUL THIEF and in the UK it was entitled FORBIDDEN. Sum it up in twenty words or less, huh. Humm…. In the second Demon Trappers novel, Riley Blackthorne risks everything for a love that could destroy her.

3. Do you have plans for a new book? Is this book part of a series?
I’m currently working on the fourth book in the Demon Trappers Series (no title as of yet).

4. How did you come up with the cover? Who designed the cover of your book?
My publishers handle the cover designs for my books and I usually have the opportunity to see the covers and comment on them before they are finalized.

5. Is there anything you would change about your book covers?
Not really. I like them all.

6. Would you have different book covers for different countries?
I do. The US, UK and German series all have different covers.

7. How did you come up with the title for your book?
That takes a lot of work. I generate a list of potential titles and then my editors and I figure out which will work the best. Sometimes that takes a lot of negotiating skills.

8. Do you have a book trailer? And what are your thoughts on book trailers?
Yes, I have a book trailer for my German series with one of my rude little demons running amok in a library. Even if you don’t speak German, it’s a great video. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v76ec2aYPyk

9. Do you prefer e-books, paperbacks, hardcovers or audiobooks?
For some authors I prefer audiobooks (Terry Pratchett comes to mind) and for most others I’ll read the paperback or hardcovers. I don’t read many e-books as I spend all day on a computer and reading electronically feels like work to me.

10. What book are you reading at the moment? And in what format?
I’m currently reading SCORPIO RACES by Maggie Stiefvater in the hardcover edition.

11. Where can your readers follow you?




Twitter: @crazyauthorgirl



Thankyou so much for taking the time to do this interview and allowing us a glimpse into your writing world!

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for much for having me on your blog!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a very nice interview, loved all the questions! :)

    ReplyDelete