Tuesday 25 October 2011

City Of The Falling Sky by Joseph Evans

ASIN: B005E8YZ2M
Publisher: Self / Indie
Pages: 327


When fourteen year old Seckry Sevenstars is forced out of his village by the greedy Endrin Corporation and relocated to the daunting metropolis of Skyfall City, he harbours resentment for the company and vows to get them back one day for taking away his home, his school and his friends. Fortunately, the marvels of the city do a good job in distracting Seckry from his anger and homesickness, and it isn’t long before he’s competing at Friction (the city’s most popular multiplayer video game), slurping awe-inspiring multicoloured milkshakes, and getting butterflies on his first date.


City Of The Falling Sky was kindly given to me to read and review by Joseph Evans. From the blurb I thought I would really, really enjoy reading City Of The Falling Sky, from the futuristic, dystopian setting to the gaming aspects of the story (as I am a bit of a "gamer" myself!). However, I found it to be written a bit too young and simplistic for my liking. Despite this I still enjoyed reading this book, just not as much as I had anticipated. I like the cover as portrays the theme of the story within well. 


Available at Amazon.co.uk.

1 comment: