Friday 14 October 2011

Author Interview: K. P. Smith


K. P. Smith has written Growing Pains: Kendra's Diaries.

1. What is your name and where do you call home?
Born, raised and currently reside in New Orleans, LA.

2. What is the name of your most recent book and if you had to sum it up in 20 or less words, what would you say?
Growing Pains: Kendra’s Diaries-The Growing Pains will chronicle  Kendra Foster’s Journey of Growing Up. The laughter, the tears and the joys and sorrows.

3. Do you have plans for a new book? Is this book part of a series?
I am currently working on the second book in the series tentatively titled; A New Beginning.

4. What or who inspired you to start writing? And how long have you been writing?
I always did good on papers in school, always better on a test in essay format. Writing is a talented I have always had and have cultivated over the years.
When I read Range of Angels but Sidney Sheldon I remember thinking oh boy if I could write a book like that!!

5. Do you gift books to readers for book reviews?
Yes! Yes! Yes!

6. How did you come up with the cover? Who designed the cover of your book?
I wanted a picture of a girl that every girl could relate to. Lisa Russell did my cover. I love the color it is so eye catching. I am always getting compliments on it.

7. How did you come up with the title for your book?
Growing up can be painful; the names speaks for itself! Lol! Growing Pains.

8. Do you prefer e-books, paperbacks, hardcovers or audiobooks?
I love to read right before I go to sleep and put my book under the pillow and began reading again at daybreak so paperback was always my favorite.
Difficult to read with a hardback under your pillow. Just recently I downloaded my first book on my Kindle about a month ago and fell in love. So now don’t know which one I love the most. Guess will have to keep reading on both to find out.

9. Are you a self-published / Indie author?
Oh yeah.

10. Have you ever read a book more than once? And if so what was it?
Hate to repeat myself but I have read Rage of the Angels multiple times read it again within the last year. Just love how Sydney Sheldon tells a story.

11. Do you have any advice for other writers? And what’s the best advice that you have been given when it comes to writing?
A bestseller can only become one if enough people buy it. Writing is only the beginning the key is Promote, Promote, Promote!!

12. Where can your readers follow you?








Thankyou so much for taking the time to do this interview and allowing us a glimpse into your writing world!

No comments:

Post a Comment