Thursday 22 March 2012

Author Interview: Imogen Rose

Imogen Rose has written Initiation.

1. What is your name and where do you call home?
My name is Imogen Rose, and I call New Jersey home, for now.

2. What is the name of your most recent book, and if you had to sum it up in 20 or less words, what would you say?
My latest book is titled Initiation. This book is the first of two prequels in the Bonfire Chronicles series. Think demons and hot faeries.

3. Do you have plans for a new book? Is this book part of a series?
I am writing the second book in the Bonfire Chronicles prequel series now. The title is Integration.

4. What or who inspired you to start writing? And how long have you been writing?
My youngest daughter Lauren started me on this journey about three years ago.

5. Do you gift books to readers for book reviews?
Yes, I gift my books to book bloggers who request them.

6. How did you come up with the cover? Who designed the cover of your book?
This is actually the second cover for this book. I asked Claudia at Phatpuppy Art to create the cover for the sequel (Integration), then I went back and reworked the cover for Initiation, which was created by the very talented Najla Qambar.

7. Which is your favourite cover of all the books you have written?
The cover for Faustine is my favorite, as it features my daughter.

8. Is there anything you would change about your book covers?
Achieving the right covers has been a process, and I’m happy with my final results.

9. Would you have different book covers for different countries?
No, I think the ones I have should work for all countries.

10. How did you come up with the title for your book?
It became obvious as I got into the story.

11. Is there anything you would change about your book? And why?
No, I am really happy with it.

12. Do you have a book trailer? And what are your thoughts on book trailers?
I do, and I made it myself. I had lots of fun creating it. I think they are a nice introductory tool for readers to learn about a book.

13. Do you prefer e-books, paperbacks, hardcovers, or audiobooks?
I prefer hardback versions of cookbooks, but for the rest, e-books is a very convenient format.

14. Are you a self-published / Indie author?
I am.

15. Have you ever read a book more than once? And if so what was it?
Yes, I have read several many times, including my collection of Enid Blyton, George Orwell, and PG Wodehouse books.

16. Have you ever bought a specific edition of a book because of its cover? (For example a UK, US, or Canadian version)
No.

17. Have you ever read a book just based on its cover?
I tend to make most of my purchases based on covers and descriptions. So yes, I have started many books based on just the cover.

18. Has the quality of the cover of a book ever put you off of reading it?
Yes, if the cover isn’t good, I am unlikely to check it out.

19. What book are you reading at the moment? And in what format?
I just finished Delirium, the Kindle version.

20. Do you have any advice for other writers? And what’s the best advice that you have been given when it comes to writing?
Let your imagination take over.

21. Where can your readers follow you?

Blog

Web site

Facebook Page

Goodreads Author Page

Twitter details




Thankyou so much for taking the time to do this interview and allowing us a glimpse into your writing world!

1 comment:

  1. Thank you so much for hosting me on your blog, Rachel!

    ReplyDelete